Join NOW Activists On Facebook
All NOW Actions
National Equality March: Stand Strong This Weekend
"Our call for change must be bold and uncompromising." -- NOW President, Terry O'Neill
Will you be joining NOW activists across the country as we stand with the National Equality March this weekend?
The National Equality March, October 11, is an opportunity to ensure equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people -- in other words, equality for all women in the eyes of the law. No woman will have full equality until all women have full equality.
There are many ways you can help:
Join NOW in D.C.!
- If you can make it to Washington, D.C. join the NOW delegation in the march! The new meeting location is:
11:30, October 11
SW corner of McPherson Square
15th and Eye Street
Please note this is a new meeting location.
If you have questions, Pacific Shore NOW President Zoe Nicholson is serving as NOW National Equality March Lead and can be reached through the Facebook group for NOW activists.
For more information, visit the National Equality March's website.
Can't make it to D.C.?
- Ask your chapter to endorse the National Equality March.
- Consider organizing a solidarity event in your community. If you are organizing online, but sure to include a link to NOW's website, National NOW's Facebook page and the March for Equality NOW Facebook group.
- Write to your local media asking them to cover the march and continually make them aware of LGBT issues -- both nationwide and local.
- Continue to support Marriage Equality and repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell, as well as the so-called Defense of Marriage Act.