[NOW Actions] Moms: Speak Out on Media
National Organization for Women

Search:

Sign up:

to choose from our lists

Bookmark and Share Share/Save    email thisSend   printable versionPrint      Shop Amazon

NOW Action Alert
Support NOW's Work | May 11, 2007 | Tell a Friend

All NOW Actions

More about NOW and Mothers & Caregivers

Moms with their kids -- M.O.M.: Mom on Media

Speak Out NOW: Take the Moms On Media Survey

Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous feminist moms out there! We know that being a mom is a challenging job, and the media aren't helping! That's why, as our gift to you, we want to give you a chance to speak out on your special day -- help us identify problems in the media that need NOW's attention.

Take our Moms On Media (MOM) Survey and tell us what you think about raising kids in our media saturated, pop-culture fixated society. We also encourage you to send this survey to all the moms you know. In fact, anyone who cares about kids can take the survey. We will share the results on the NOW web site, and we encourage you to come back and take a look.

Read on or take the MOM Survey NOW!

If you're a parent, no doubt you're concerned about your kids' development, education, safety, health and happiness. You're probably juggling work and family responsibilities, worried about making ends meet, and trying to plan for the future.

And if you're reading this, you're most likely trying to teach your kids feminist/progressive values, particularly the principle of equality for all. But no matter how hard you try, the media and pop culture reach them one way or another -- sending out negative images and messages that promote narrow gender stereotypes, impossible beauty standards, racism, classism and more.

NOW wants to know what trends in the media and popular culture serve as the greatest challenges to raising feminist/progressive kids. Take the MOM Survey and tell us NOW! Don't forget to forward this to your friends, too.

In addition to taking the survey, why not join the thousands of others who have signed our Mothers Matter, Caregivers Count petition and learn about NOW's work on mothers and caregivers economic rights. If you're reading this before May 14, it's not too late to send a Mother's Day e-card. And, finally, take a few minutes to watch this video from Felicity Huffman, Vanessa Williams, Gloria Steinem, Alfre Woodard and others on the origins of Mother's Day -- it all started with a call to unite for peace.

Thanks for all you do, and have a great Mom's Day.

SUPPORT NOW:
Support NOW's Work for Equal Rights | Join NOW | Monthly Giving | Shop Online

TAKE ACTION:
Get Involved | Find Your Nearest Chapter | Tell a Friend | Learn More

LISTS:
Unsubscribe, Edit Profile | Subscribe | All Lists

NOW Action List archives | Sign up for the NOW Action List | RSS feed

Bookmark and Share Share/Save    email thisSend   printable versionPrint

give to NOW

NOW websites

Say It, Sister! Blog

NOW Foundation

NOW PACs

NOW on Campus

stay informed

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Google+ NOW's Flickr Photostream NOW's YouTube Channel
Support NOW with your purchase of print-to-order NOW products! Visit our store
shop amazon
amazon.com Support NOW by shopping at Amazon.com!

Actions | Join - Donate | Chapters | Members | Issues | Privacy | RSSRSS | Links | Home

© 1995-2012 National Organization for Women, All Rights Reserved. Permission granted for non-commercial use.