[NOW-action-list] Defend the Right to Safe and Legal Abortion
National Organization for Women

Search:

Sign up:

to choose from our lists

Bookmark and Share Share/Save    email thisSend   printable versionPrint      Shop Amazon

Sign NOW's Roe v. Wade Petition and Defend the Right to Safe and Legal Abortion

Take action: Defend abortion rights and celebrate the 30th anniversary of Roe v. Wade by signing NOW's "Save Roe NOW" online petition to your senators demanding that they only confirm Supreme Court justices and federal judges who will support the right to safe and legal abortion.

Sign this important petition today: http://www.now.org/surveys/roe.html

On Jan. 22, 2003, NOW Action Center staff members will deliver the petitions in person to senators' offices in Washington. Our goal is to deliver at least 30,000 names, but we can't do it without your help. Feel free to forward this message to your friends, family and co-workers.

Background:

On Jan. 22, 1973, women in the United States won the right to safe, legal abortion through the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision. Now, 30 years later, we are confronted with the possibility that a Supreme Court hostile to women's rights will overturn this decision.

The results of the mid-term elections have given the Bush administration a "blank check" to move forward its intolerant, regressive right-wing agenda. George W. Bush has pledged that he will nominate a Supreme Court justice in the mold of Scalia and Thomas. It is now very likely that he will have this opportunity next year upon the resignation or death of one or more justices. Bush also continues to nominate anti-abortion judges to the district and appellate courts. We must make it clear to our senators that we expect them to reject judges who do not fully support abortion rights.

Now, more than ever, we need abortion supporters around the country to stand together and take action to save our imperiled abortion rights!

Again, please sign this important petition today: http://www.now.org/surveys/roe.html

NOW Action List archives | Sign up for the NOW Action List | RSS feed

Bookmark and Share Share/Save    email thisSend   printable versionPrint

give to NOW

NOW websites

Say It, Sister! Blog

NOW Foundation

NOW PACs

NOW on Campus

stay informed

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Google+ NOW's Flickr Photostream NOW's YouTube Channel
Support NOW with your purchase of print-to-order NOW products! Visit our store
shop amazon
amazon.com Support NOW by shopping at Amazon.com!

Actions | Join - Donate | Chapters | Members | Issues | Privacy | RSSRSS | Links | Home

© 1995-2012 National Organization for Women, All Rights Reserved. Permission granted for non-commercial use.