  • Subject: [dc-zaps] Equal Pay Rally Tuesday, April 24
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:03:51 -0400

NOW DC Zaps

Dear NOW members & supporters,

There are two opportunities to take action this week to fight for women's rights. We hope you can join us for both or one of these events.

GOT PAYCHECK FAIRNESS?

On Equal Pay Day, join Women Work and the National Committee on Pay Equity to call for federal legislation to help close the gap between men's and women's wages. Evelyn Murphy, former Lt. Gov. of Massachusetts and president of WAGE (Women are Getting Even), will present wage survey results.

WHAT: Equal Pay Day Rally

WHEN: Tuesday, April 24, 1:30 p.m.

WHO: Senator Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) and Representative Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), sponsors of the Paycheck Fairness Act
Senator Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Representative Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), sponsors of the Fair Pay Act

WHERE: West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol

For more information see the website of the National Committee on Pay Equity (PDF) or read our factsheet on equal pay.

VISIBILITY TO PROTECT WOMEN'S HEALTH

Please join local VA NOW activists and other coalition groups in a visibility action to raise awareness about the U.S. Supreme Court's dangerous decision to ban an abortion option that could potentially protect women's health and save lives. Show support for the Freedom of Choice Act legislation to protect women.

WHAT: "Burma Shave" Honk & Wave
We'll be holding signs with words that spell out Freedom of Choice Act, Woman's Right to Choose, and Reproductive Rights Are Our Rights! We'll have the signs!!

WHERE: Key Bridge, between Rossyln and Georgetown. Meet outside the Rosslyn Metro exit (orange line/blue line) and we will walk to the Key Bridge

WHEN: Wednesday April 25, 2007 8:00 a.m. - 9 a.m.

WHO: YOU! Feminists and friends & family & co-workers
If you have any questions contact Lisette Fee, Arlington NOW President & Virginia NOW Action Vice President at actionvp@vanow.org.

NOW.org | All NOW Actions | Support NOW's work | Unsubscribe, Edit Profile | Subscribe

Main Index | Thread Index

Bookmark and Share Share/Save    email thisSend   printable versionPrint

give to NOW

NOW websites

Say It, Sister! Blog

NOW Foundation

NOW PACs

NOW on Campus

stay informed

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Google+ NOW's Flickr Photostream NOW's YouTube Channel
Support NOW with your purchase of print-to-order NOW products! Visit our store
shop amazon
amazon.com Support NOW by shopping at Amazon.com!

Actions | Join - Donate | Chapters | Members | Issues | Privacy | RSSRSS | Links | Home

© 1995-2012 National Organization for Women, All Rights Reserved. Permission granted for non-commercial use.